2.29.2012

Baroque Solid Perfume {review}


I'll admit it… some days I don't take a shower. I wasn't able to take a shower the night before, I wake up late, yada yada yada. (Or sometimes I am just plain lazy). Those are the kinds of days that I like to wear perfumes and the like and make myself feel like I actually put some effort into getting ready to greet the world! One of my favorite products for such days are the "clean & fresh" solid perfumes from Baroque.

{the scents}

I'll start off with the scents for this one, both from the "Clean & Fresh" line:

Clean Cotton: This is definitely a clean scent! It kind of reminds me of fabric softener sheets. It also kind of reminds me of the way towels smell when they're dried by the sun and ocean breezes. I believe it is one of Baroque's most popular scents - which doesn't surprise me! It's wonderfully clean and airy and I totally dig it.

Fresh Laundry: I am completely in love with this one! In fact, I have never loved a perfume as much as I love this one. And I've never been a huge perfume fan. But this perfume smells EXACTLY like fresh laundry! It's amazing! And fresh laundry just so happens to be one of my favorite scents in the whole world! I never thought I'd be able to wear the scent as a perfume and I am in total bliss! It's just so wonderfully fresh and clean and oh-so-amazing.

{the perfume + ingredients}

The solid perfumes come in .07oz tubes and are also available .5oz tubes, called "Stallion Sticks". I have the small tubes, but they have been lasting me forever. The perfume is filled past the brim, so I haven't even had to twist-up the Clean Cotton one yet!


One thing that helps with making them last longer is that there is no need to constantly be reapplying the perfume. I can put it on in the morning and still be able to smell the fragrance late at night. Maybe not quite as "fresh", but definitely still clean! These perfumes have the longest lasting wear of any solid perfumes I've tried… and some regular perfumes too!

And being solid perfumes, the scents aren't too overpowering. I don't like it when people bathe in perfume and leave 20ft perfume trails behind them. I wear perfume for me and I don't want the whole world to know what I smell like. I like solid perfumes because they keep the fragrances close to me, so I can smell and appreciate them. And if someone gets close enough to appreciate it too, that's all well and good. Just as long as the person on the other side of the building doesn't have that chance!

Ingredients are coconut oil, beeswax, and fragrance.

{conclusion}

I would definitely recommend to anyone that they check out Baroque. The solid perfumes are the best of the best, as far as solid perfumes go. The fragrances are long lasting without being over-the-top. And in my opinion, they have the BEST perfume scent! Of course, you may not like "Clean & Fresh" fragrances as much as I do. But with the wide variety of fragrances available at Baroque, I'm sure you'd be able to find something you love just as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment