2.17.2012

Cellar Door Soap Co. {haul}


Hey, I'm on a roll with these haul posts! I just happened to receive another package in the mail today! And oh, what a gloriously minty package! Just soooo very minty! Mmmm...

Yes, anyway, I ordered three soaps from the Cellar Door Soap Co. thanks to the review and recommendations I found at the wonderful Soap Obsessions blog! I was originally only going to order two, since I don't usually order so many soaps from a shop I've never tried before. But I trusted the reviews and I couldn't resist all of their minty soaps!

I ordered:
- Eucalyptus Spearmint
- Peppermint Tea Tree
- Rosemary Mint

And I also received 3 samples in:
- Green Tea Lemongrass
- Oatmeal Milk & Honey
- Sex Panther

Everything smells wonderful! I am seriously in heaven now! Complete BLISS! I will save discussion of individual scents for the review, but I will say I am having a hard time deciding which to use first for my nightly shower!
 

I will talk about ordering, shipping, and customer service though, which is something I never really go into detail on. But I figured since I have started doing haul posts, it can be a place where I go into more depth on my experience. 

Cellar Door Soap Co. also has an Etsy shop, but I decided to shop through their own site. It had a minor, although a bit frustrating glitch, but I decided to stick with it even though I knew Etsy would be faster and easier (not having to set up an account and all). I like to support indie shops as much as possible! The glitch was that I was not able to change my shipping address - both my billing and shipping address kept resetting any time I changed one of them. This probably won't be an issue for most of you, but I tend to move a lot so my shipping address is always changing!

There was a note section though, so I just asked if they could ship to my current address since I was unable to change it. The next day I got a little note from them apologizing and confirming they could honor my shipping request. 

Right after that, I also got an email saying that my soaps had shipped! I ordered late at night 2/13 and my package was shipped out 2/14 with a tracking number. I received my package today 2/17 only THREE days later! And I think I should point out that the company is based in Michigan and I live in Alaska. Just awesome awesome shipping times! 

Overall, customer service with Cellar Door Soap Co. was fantastic. My concerns were quickly addressed, and my order was put together in record time. I didn't even have time to start thinking about when my soap would get here before it was waiting in my mailbox. AND, samples were included, which are always welcomed! 

I am anxiously awaiting my shower tonight - I have a feeling I am going to be amazed! :)

1 comment:

  1. oooh... can not wait to hear how you like showering with these soaps and which scent you favor :)

    Brandon makes an exceptional bar of soap and I feel he scents them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete