2.14.2012

the love affair

Happy Valentines Day!

For a little Valentines treat, I am going to tell you about my love affair… with lip balm!  :)

That is how this all started - my lip balm addiction. And by "all", I mean my love for handmade natural products and this here blog. A few years ago I got my lip pierced. It's a vertical labret and I love it! But having a lip piercing, I absolutely CANNOT stand to have dry lips. It just makes it even more unbearable. I used to use Melaleuca Sun Shades lip balm exclusively. That was until I was talking with a friend one day and she was telling me about her small collection of lip balms. And so, an idea popped into my head. Why not look for lip balm on Etsy?

I already had a bit of an Etsy addiction at the time. I loved to look at all of the beautiful handmade earrings! And so, that very night I started browsing Etsy for lip balms. I was completely clueless, overwhelmed, and had no idea what I was getting myself into.

I spent hours and hours browsing through all of the lip balms. And then I started searching for reviews. And then I started ordering. It quickly turned into a hardcore gotta-have-em-in-every-flavor addiction. AND THEN, my lip balm addiction expanded to include soaps, lotions, scrubs, and eventually even perfumes!

I began to realize how much better handmade products made with natural ingredients are for my body. And my body realized it to. Since I started using all natural products, I can't go back. Commercial lip balm brands now make my lips very irritated, itchy red bumps and all. Commercial body washes and shampoos give me headaches all day long because of their potent chemical scents. And I am so glad to have gotten away from all of those harsh products - I shouldn't have to build up resistance for what I put on my body!

It feels good to use good-for-you products. I am forever in love! And it is all thanks to lip balm!

And so, I think I will leave you with a list of my favorite shops to buy lip balm from!


All of these lip balms are completely amazing and leave behind soft and kissable lips! Happy Valentines Day! ;)

5 comments:

  1. I'm using CandleLynn's Caramel lip balm right now and love it. And I found her shop thanks to you and this blog. :)

    Happy Valentine's Day!
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you love it! And thank you for reading/using my blog! :D

    Happy V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sweet Creeks balms!!

    Happy V-day to you too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyssa, if you are ever wanting to try some more good lip balms, i highly recommend orangethyme and PetiteThrela.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recommendations, Lynda! I'm always on the lookout for new balms to try! :)

    ReplyDelete