2.01.2012

just wondering...

You know, I think my scent preferences for bath products have changed drastically these last few months. I've been shying away from the fragrance oil soaps and always grabbing the minty or unscented (but smelling mildly of honey) soaps. But especially the minty. There's just something about a soap made with peppermint essential oil. It comes alive in the shower and just plain out makes me feel good. It's energizing and relaxing at the same time. And now I never want to use anything else.

I tried using something else the other day just because I have so much other soaps that I need to use. It was not satisfying. I felt like I smelled like an air freshener the rest of the night. I'm even reluctant to use sugar scrubs because all of the ones I have at the moment smell like desserts and are too sweet for the mood I've been in lately. And you know, once you start using sugar scrubs you can't go long without 'em!

And I'm *trying* not to buy too much new stuff because I already have a lot to use up! And, I really can't justify buying more when I can use the money for something more useful since it's not something I really NEED.

So I've been thinking... I might host a blog sale. I've never done one of these and I've never purchased anything from anyone's. But if people are interested, it just might be worth doing. I know I don't have too many readers, but if any of you are interested at all, please let me know! It would include soap bars, cream soaps, sugar scrubs, and possibly lotions and perfumes.

Alternatively, if anyone is interested in setting up an exchange, I would be willing to do that to! I just thought I'd throw this all out there in case there was any interest. Because I truly have a lot that I may never use and it would be nice if they could find some good homes! And just to note - the products don't smell bad! My tastes have simply changed and although I still like the scents, I don't love them as much as I used to.

If you're interested, comment here or you can email me at:
alyr3 {at} hotmail {dot} com.

Hope to hear from you!
<3 Alyssa

P.S. I have a few reviews lined up for when I finish the ginormous paper that's been ruining my life lately!

3 comments:

  1. I'd be interesting in seeing a list, whether here or in email. And I know the feeling of changing tastes AND of having too much product. I'm in that spot too right now. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh duh, make that 'interestED' not 'interesting.'

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a list of things I would include, but it may not be a complete list...

    Soap Bars
    Nature's Edge Bathworks - Lemon Sugar Salt Bar
    Dreaming Tree Soapworks - Pumpkin Eater
    Dreaming Tree Soapworks - Harvest Moon
    Epically Epic Soaps - Vanilla Bean
    Aunt Nancy's Handmade - Tahitian Vanilla
    Product Body - Sexy Butt (mini version of Sexy Laundry Day)

    Cream Soaps
    Mad City Soaps - Crème Vanille
    Mad City Soaps - Fresh Snow
    Pink Bow Bath Boutique - Pink Sugar Cookie w/ Vanilla
    Sudsy Soap Scents - Pistachio Almond Pudding

    Scrubs (mostly sugar)
    Alchemic Muse - Pumpkin Cocoa (foaming)
    Haus of Gloi - Parkin (foaming)
    Mad City Soaps - Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies
    Sudsy Soap Scents - Almond Ice Cream
    Sudsy Soap Scents - Coconut Birthday Cake
    Sudsy Soap Scents - Pink Macaroon
    You Stink Soap - Cake Batter
    You Stink Soap - Shortbread Cookie
    Poison Apple Potions - Gilded
    Poison Apple Potions - Toasted Pumpkin Seed

    Body Powders from Bonny n Clyde
    Ginger Souffle
    Japanese Cherry Blossom
    Lavender Vanilla
    Plumeria
    Soft Cashmere

    Solid Perfume from Sweet Creek Herbal Care
    Ambrosia
    Midnight Pomegranate

    I would also be able to do soap sampler bags from bars that I have cut myself.Soaps could include:
    Life Soap Simple - Sunshine Breakfast
    Life Soap Simple - Pumpkin Lavender
    Life Soap Simple - Tangerine Lemongrass
    Product Body - Thai Sticky Rice
    Lippincott Soap Co. - Honey Love
    Lippincott Soap Co. - Sea Salt Caramels
    Rocky Top Soap Shop - Rosehip
    Rocky Top Soap Shop - Cucumber Yogurt
    Rocky Top Soap Shop - Activated Charcoal
    Rocky Top Soap Shop - Totally Pumpkin
    Sweet Creek Herbal Care - Maraschino Cherry
    Simple Traditions - Mint Chocolate Chip
    Alchemic Muse - Bonfire

    Nature's Edge Bathworks - Haunted House

    ReplyDelete