3.23.2013

Green Beauty Cosmetics {review}


I have been stalking the Green Beauty Cosmetics shop for awhile now and finally gave in and placed an order! And I am disappointed in myself for waiting so long! The products are so great, I'm on the verge of swooning. Seriously.

I have been using these products for a week now and my skin feels fantastic. I don't think it has ever felt this great. And let me just say, I have never had too many problems with my skin. It has a tendency to get dry in the wintertime, but that's fairly normal. I rarely get blemishes. I was lucky enough to not have to deal with acne in my teen years. Pimples were (and still are) practically unheard of for me. Lucky me, right? *knock on wood*

My point is, I haven't been very dissatisfied with my skin. I'd even go so far as to say I have always thought I had good skin. However, the products from Green Beauty Cosmetics have made my skin feel a million times better. They have taken something good and turned it into something great.

For this order, I purchased a 3-pack sampler set of the Chamomile Cream, Tinted Moisturizer, and Apple Cider Toner. I also ordered the Eye Brightener (doesn't come in sample size).

{chamomile cream}


I am loving the Chamomile Cream. It is quite rich and a little goes a long way. I think this 5ml sample container will last me quite awhile! 

The cream has a beautifully silky and whipped texture. It goes on easily and sinks right in. It makes my skin feel satiny smooth with a slightly powdery finish. And as it is a bit rich, it also makes my skin feel super moisturized but without looking greasy. I mostly use this at night before bedtime and dab a little bit on in the mornings, mostly around my eyes. 

This is definitely a great facial moisturizer. One of the best I've found in awhile! My only complaint about this cream is the scent. It is a bright, almost floral scent. It's not a terrible scent, but a little too strong for my tastes. I prefer unscented facial moisturizers. Although, I'd overlook that and purchase again anyway because it works so well!

Ingredients include organic coconut oil, pure soybean oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, beeswax, bioactive aloe, chamomile extract, green tea extract, hyaluronic acid, vegetable glycerin, honey, yogurt, and geogard ultra. Scented with geranium, grapefruit, and lemongrass (essential oils?).

{tinted moisturizer}


Green Beauty Cosmetics tinted products come in two shades - light and medium. As I am darker skinned, I ordered the Tinted Moisturizer in medium shade. I'd also like to add this is my first experiment with tinted products. I don't even wear make-up!

That being said, I am really enjoying this moisturizer. It is nice and light. It's great for during the day since it's not heavy - I feel it'd be a great summer moisturizer as well. It comes out slightly watery but that makes it easy to just use one pump and get good coverage. The moisturizer sinks right in and has a lightly powdery, matte finish.

As for the tinted part, it is subtle. It makes my skin look more flawless in a very natural way. This is perfect for me as I don't wear make-up. The moisturizer helps enhance that naturally beautiful look!

Ingredients include shea butter, cocoa butter, grapeseed oil, apricot oil, squalane, calendula, iron oxides, titanium oxides, mica, rosewater, green tea, orange essential oil, ylang ylang essential oil, and macadamia oil.

{apple cider toner}


Er, should I be ashamed to say that I've never used a toner before? Well I am because I realize now I've been missing a very important step in my skincare routine! This Apple Cider Toner is amazing!

This is my favorite of the products I ordered and is making the most noticeable difference in my skin. After washing my face in the morning and before bed, I'll use two spritzes of this toner before applying my moisturizer. The vinegar scent isn't too strong and fades quickly. It doesn't bother me at all since I have grown accustomed to the scent of apple cider vinegar as a part of my hair care routine! It's great stuff.

The toner makes my skin feel so much cleaner! My skin has been becoming smoother and softer everyday since I started using this. And the best part, it has also been helping with my blackheads. I had some stubborn blackheads on my nose and those are almost completely gone. No other product has been able to do that! This toner is completely amazing and I'm quite in love!

Ingredients include distilled water, organic apple cider vinegar, plantago extract, chamomile extract, organic licorice root extract, organic marshmallow root extract, alcohol free with hazel distillate, kosher glycerin, rosewater, panthenol, and geogard ultra.

{eye brightener}


I ordered the Eye Brightener in medium (also comes in light). I was very curious about this product and decided to order, even though it doesn't come in sample size.

As you can see, it comes with a wand applicator. Putting it on, it's kind of shimmery and gray-ish at first. After I have blended it in well, I can barely tell its there. Although, that is kind of the point. It is supposed to deflect light so dark circles aren't as noticeable.

I have only checked out the effects under my bathroom light, but I can detect a slight difference. The effects are subtle and so they don't completely diminish the look of dark circles. Rather, the effects look more natural, which I appreciate.

Ingredients include glycerin, oat starch, plant based emulsifiers, shea butter, rosewater, geogard ultra, licorice root extract, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica, and guar gum.

{conclusion}

The products from Green Beauty Cosmetics are high quality (even the labels are high quality)! I am completely loving the effects on my skin. Honestly, I have never been so thrilled about skincare products. My skin has never felt this amazing! I am definitely going to return to Green Beauty Cosmetics and I highly recommend you check 'em out too!

(I also ordered another product from this shop that I will not review on this blog because it is of a more personal nature. However, if you can figure out what it is and are curious, send me an email!)

3 comments:

  1. With nicer weather returning soon (hopefully) I would like to try their tinted sunscreen. The sample photos look like chocolate mousse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is next on my list to sample as well! :)

      Delete
  2. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. loxa beauty how to choose the right retail line for your salon

    ReplyDelete