3.25.2013

Petite Threla Lip Glace {review}


In my search for lip tints, I couldn't resist trying out the Lip Glace from Petite Threla. Plus, I was in a grapefruit kind of mood and this just called to me.

{the tint}

This product is very solid. There is a little bit of tug when applying and it goes on in a slow and steady sort of fashion. On the lips, it feels a bit thick with a slight stickiness and a hint of creaminess.

For lip tints I can appreciate this solid sort of texture. It feels like it's going to stay on my lips for a long while, meaning the color will stay for a long while. And it does - the wear is fantastic, lasting for a couple of hours at least.

{the color}


In the tube, the color is a pretty shade of pink. Not exactly the shade of pink grapefruit, but close. Sorry for the upside down photo - the lighting worked best if I held it that way! On the lips, it offers a hint of color:

Before, without lip glace
After, with Pink Grapefruit lip glace

It "glaces" the lips, so it is not meant to offer a lot of color. There is a nice light gloss and sometimes I can detect some great shimmer. I really enjoy the simple and natural look this lip glace gives my lips. It is quite beautiful!

{flavor + ingredients}

The Pink Grapefruit lip glace is scented with grapefruit and lemon essential oils. I was super excited about that since I absolutely adore grapefruit and because there are few shops that offer scented lip tints. It is lightly scented and I definitely smell the beautiful citrus-y grapefruit. There's also a bit of sweetness to it, like vanilla. Although I don't think there's vanilla in the mix.

Ingredients include beeswax, castor seed oil, coconut oil, mango seed butter, sweet almond oil, safflower seed oil, vitamin e, soy, grapefruit oil, lemon oil, iron oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, and carmine.

{conclusion}

The lip glace from Petite Threla has been a great find. The lip glace is beautifully scented with long lasting wear. It offers a hint of color for a natural look. A very pretty natural look! I am definitely going to go browse around this shop some more and you should too!

4 comments:

  1. I was going back and forth between getting this one and rose. I love grapefruit too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rose looks like such a pretty color! Although I can't handle rose scented anything - not even real roses! I'm eying the Earl Grey next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frost in the rose tint is pretty. Did you see Earl Grey on Chocolate Cherries Allamanda, it sounds lovely. As a tea drinker I want to try anything tea scented.

      Delete
    2. I knew I had seen the review for it somewhere! It does sound lovely. I'm just getting into the tea world, so I don't know what earl grey tea smells like. It's still tempting though. :)

      Delete