10.09.2013

Mad City Soap Body Scrub & Cream Soap {review}

I know, it's been forever and a day since I've posted a review! There's a million excuses on my end. A lot of traveling, a lot of school, and now in the midst of packing! Also, my computer refuses to take my memory card from my camera so all the pictures I've taken the past few months for reviews are currently stuck on there. Enter the handy dandy iPhone camera! But anyway, I'm here again and I'd say I'll try to keep up this time, but you know how things go. If it happens, it happens. And wouldn't that be wonderful? Maybe it will happen this time! ;)

Now that my excuses are out of the way, onto the review! Today I'm reviewing a couple products from Mad City Soap on Etsy. I've actually ordered from this shop several times for the past year or so. The products are awesome with great prices and it's about time I've gotten a review up here!

{ sugar body scrub }


My favorite product from Mad City Soap are definitely the body scrubs. I've gone through multiple jars of MCS scrubs and they are at the top of my list of best body scrubs ever! The scrub leaves my skin feeling soft and silky and super moisturized! I don't even feel the need to put on lotion afterwards, my skin feels that soft! The scrub is packed with lots of good moisturizing oils so the texture is fantastic - it's definitely not a dry, crumbly scrub! The level of scrubbiness is perfect as well - it does some decent scrubbing but it's not harsh, just soothing.

The last scrub I ordered is an 8oz size that I custom ordered with peppermint essential oil. And OH BOY! if I thought I loved MCS scrubs before, I fell completely head over heals when I got this in the shower. I am a lover of peppermint and this is peppermint perfection. There is enough peppermint eo in this to make the shower filled with the wonderfully invigorating scent. It just smells and feels so damn good, it is totally an orgasmic shower experience. And I have never used that phrase before for any bath & body product! 'Tis perfection.

Oh, and it gets better! Afterwards, my body was all tingly from the peppermint. I could feel the coolness on my arms for almost an hour afterwards. This would be great for summer! I honestly laid in bed in complete bliss for quite awhile after my shower!

As I said before, I've tried a few other scents from this shop. Others that I've liked:
- Chocolate Covered Marshmallows - I got this one a trio sample holiday pack. It was amazing - all chocolatey and sweet with that marshmallow (and I love marshmallow fragrances!). It smelled completely delicious!
- Honey I Washed the Kids (L*SH Dupe) - This one I got as a sample in an order and went back and ordered a full size! If you're familiar with the scent type, you know it's soft and sweet, just like a kiddo after a bath. With a more feminine twist. I don't know what the actual L*SH scent smells like, but I really enjoy this.
- Mint Meringue - Also got this one in that trio pack. It had a little bit of everything I love: coconut, marshmallow, vanilla, and minty things! It had a refreshing minty scent with a lovely sweet and mellow background. I was sorely tempted to order a full size of this scent (and the Chocolate Covered Marshmallows!), but was already well stocked up on scrubs at the time. Once the holiday scents come out though, I'm going for it!
- Vanilla Sky - This one has been one of my favorite MCS scents! I've gotten several jars of the Vanilla Sky scrub. It is a combination of vanilla and white chocolate and is completely heavenly! The white chocolate makes it extra decadent!

Another thing to add about the scents, is that they definitely linger on your skin afterwards making you smell all sorts of delicious. Complete amazingness!

{ cream soap }



I usually don't order cream soaps too often. I prefer to use bar soaps and feel the smooth, creamy bar on my skin when I'm showering. But lately I've been wanting to use something on a loofah. So when I was placing a scrub order, thought I'd go ahead and get a cream soap as well. And I am definitely not disappointed!

The lather is amazing. It really fluffs up with thick, silky lather. And a little bit goes a long ways. I have really been enjoying the generous amounts of bubbles a little bit of cream soap on a loofah creates. It's also nice to get that extra scrubbiness of the loofah while washing up! The soap rinses off well and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft.

I ordered this in the Vanilla Ice Cream scent. It is a sweet vanilla fragrance, almost on the edge of being one of those butter vanillas. It doesn't quite remind me of vanilla ice cream, but it is still a pleasant vanilla. I love all vanillas! The scent doesn't linger as heavily on the skin like with the scrubs, but it may be have been my choice of fragrance. Vanillas don't tend to be lingerers.

{ ingredients }

Sugar Body Scrub: Sugar, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Stearic Acid, Jojoba Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Vitamin E, Essential Oils/Fragrance, Cosmetic Colorants, Jojoba Beads.

Cream Soap: Glycerin, Distilled Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Olive Oil, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Stearic Acid, Vitamin E, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Fragrance, Cosmetic Colorants (optional), Jojoba Beads (optional).

{ conclusion }

I truly love Mad City Soap. The products are awesome, especially the luxurious sugar body scrubs! I will definitely order again and again from this shop. I'm already planning my next order! I highly recommend this shop! Try it and trust me, you won't be disappointed. You'll have a total fantastical experience!

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh myyyy....I've been going through a sugar scrub phase again lately and these sound so nice. I've never ordered from this vendor but have been aware of her for a long time. Might be time to change that!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it! And the owner usually tends to have great Black Friday sales if you're willing to wait a bit! I always stock up on scrubs then :)

      Delete
    2. I will wait then and see what she has for Black Friday. Hope she has some Christmas/winter scents!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    3. She will definitely have some Christmas/winter scents! Those are always some of my favs (in general)!

      Delete
  2. I like your description of the peppermint scrub, I have a couple of soaps that are only peppermint and I know exactly what you mean. Good to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete