2.16.2012

My First Ever {haul} Post!

I thought it might be fun to do a little haul post of all the stuff I bought and received today... :)

Today was a pleasant day, a nice change from the usual routine. I went to work as usual, but afterwards my favoritest cousin in the whole wide world (who just started a blog!) picked me up and we went out to lunch at the best place for lunch EVER! And then we wandered from store to store, browsing mostly, and buying a few delightful goodies. 

Here is what I bought today:


First up are my thrift store finds! I spent a whole one dollar on these two items: the cute cup and the fabric it was photographed atop! I absolutely love floral patterns and I have quite the collection of cups with different floral designs on them. It will be amazing when I have my own home and can bring out my eclectic, sometimes tacky (I have a great love for tacky things - I even own a duck lamp!), collection of household items! As for the fabric, I think I'm going to give to my mom for the quilt she's been promising to make for me for the past... 5 years! One day, one day... 

But yes, onto the next item!


As funny as they may seem, Turbie Twists are amazing! My Gram would always give me some of these because she loved them so much she was always well stocked up. I remember she would use these all the time, even just to put her hair up while she was in the kitchen. My Gram was amazing! And now I love to use Turbie Twists myself, although just after a shower! This one was on sale and I bought with a rebate card - no money spent! SCORE!

And my final purchase for the day...




SOAP! Could I do a haul post and not talk about soap?! We ended up going to the shop that carries Homesteaders Cache soaps (read my review here) and we both bought a sampler soap stack. This one has a ton of mini soap slices! This one had the list of all the soaps it contained, and I got: Grandma's Garden, Plain & Simple, Little House Lemon, Oatmeal Milk & Honey, and Honey Almond. They are all classic and simple soapy scents! Ahhh... such lovely soap! 

And finally, here is what I received in the mail today:




I placed a small order with Sweet Creek Herbal Care recently and ordered a facial butter bar and two lip balms. Kathleen has a special going on this month - spend $10 in her shop and you can request a lip tint, a new item she's added to the line. I requested the Cherry Red with maraschino cherry flavoring and it's a very lovely shade of red. 

I also had to buy another maraschino cherry lip balm since I completely used up my last one! I have previously reviewed Sweet Creek lip balms (read here) - the formula for the maraschino cherry (and I believe the formula varies for different flavors) is smooth, glossy, and buttery. And I just looove the scent which always reminds me of cherry Fun Dip! I also ordered the Acai Honey which has an interesting scent, sweet and mild with a lightly floral background. It has a different formula, but it's still smooth and creamy. I feel I am going to get a fair bit of enjoyment out of this balm!

But I mainly placed this order because I was curious about the facial butter bar. It has three ingredients: cocoa butter, emu oil, and castor oil. I thought it might be similar to the oil cleansing method, which is another thing I've been curious about. Also, I love shopping with Sweet Creek Herbal Care - this order is my ninth! So, I thought I'd give it a shot! I'll let you all know how it goes, so be expecting a review!

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this haul post and hopefully I'll be able to post a few more soon!

1 comment:

  1. That day was a definitely fun. We need more of those :) And apparently I need to check this blogger website more if this was my first time reading this post. Lol goodness.

    ReplyDelete