3.01.2012

Bubs & Scrubs Soap {review}


You ever find a shop that you just so desperately want to try but continuously talk yourself out of it because you simply do not need [insert name of whatever floats your boat here]. But it sure as heck feels like it is needed! That is how I felt when I first found Bubs & Scrubs. And I finally caved and bought some soaps when they had a sale going on… how could I resist that?! Here's what I thought…

{the soap}

First off, I love the simple beauty of these soaps. They have that "I-am-a-wonderfully-natural-good-for-you" kind of look about them. And I could just see the creaminess. I kept going back to Bubs & Scrubs again and again because the soaps just looked amazing.


And when I finally ordered some soap, I fell in love with the scents. I ordered Creamy Peppermint and Calendula & Honey. The Creamy Peppermint (which I believe is not currently being offered) is amazingly minty! You know how much I love peppermint, and this one is up there on my list of favorite peppermint soap scents. Probably because the mint is so strong. It is still a bit on the sweet side though - it reminds me of candy canes!


And the aroma of the Calendula & Honey is equally amazing! Another note, I think the soap formula for this soap has been changed and is now called Calendula Bubs. But I think the scent should be the same - and I hope it is! Because ohhh-my-gaawd what a wonderful scent! When I first got the soap, it had a mildly sweet scent that I was expecting to disappear in the shower. But it came alive in the shower! Every time I use it, it reminds me of early summer when the salmonberry bushes are starting to blossom. What a wonderfully sweet floral scent! Never would I have thought that I would find something that smells like salmonberry blossoms!

As for the soap itself, I would have to say I wish it was as wonderful as the aroma. The lather is great - it's very gentle and on the creamy side. And it rinses off well enough, with no tightness. However, I have found that the soaps are not as moisturizing as I would like them to be. It's not a huge issue for me, because I often use body scrubs after soaping up and those are ultra moisturizing. But sometimes, I don't have the time to follow with a scrub and the soap just doesn't cut it in the moisture department.

{conclusion}

Would I buy again from Bubs & Scrubs? I'm a bit torn on this one. I love the scents, but I found the soap formulas to be a bit lacking. I might be willing to give the soaps another chance, especially if the formulas have been redeveloped. Also, there's quite a few new soaps being introduced that I haven't tried yet. Knowing me, I probably will eventually buy some more soaps from Bubs & Scrubs. It'll probably be one of those "I-really-want-to-buy-some-but-I-shouldn't-but-maybe-I-will-anyway-but-I-really-shouldn't" kinda deals. You know how these things go. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    This is Brenda, thank you for the review and kind words. I'm sorry hear you didn't find the soaps moisturizing enough. Would love to hear more about your experience as most of my customers love my soap just for how great it makes their skin feel. Feel free to contact me directly and thanks again for giving us a try and taking the time to write a review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda -
    Thank you for commenting! There is no need to apologize - I found your bars to be wonderful in many aspects! I will be sure to shoot you an email!
    - Alyssa

    ReplyDelete