12.30.2013

Chagrin Valley Chocolate Almond Soap {review}



You know, my review on Chagrin Valley shampoo bars (here) is the most popular post on this blog. It's about time I got some more Chagrin Valley reviews up on this blog because I've tried a few of their products. Mostly soaps, of course. I figured I'd do these soap reviews individually instead of waiting until I can compile them all. Quicker this way, see? But anyway, onto the soapy stuff! 

(Sorry for the weird spacing on this post! I tried to fix it but it just won't show the way it is saved. Biggest problem I have with Blogger. Sigh.)


{the soap}

I ordered a sample size of this soap, which is very generously sized! It lasted for two weeks with me using nothing but this soap in the shower. And yes, that means I've used this all up! I'm a bit sad about it.

But let me tell you, I really enjoyed this soap! The lather was SO dense and creamy! It was a lather just full of body, if you know what I mean. It probably would have lasted longer (although two weeks was impressive!) if I didn't spend so much time playing with all the lather! There was not much fluff to it, just thick foamy goodness.

It rinsed off well and always left my skin soft and clean. And it passed the face washing test with no dryness or tightness. I even used it to shave my legs a few times and it was kind of amazing. Smooth shave every time with no nicks or itchiness!

The only thing I was slightly disappointed about with this soap was the lack of scent. I thought there would be a bit of sweetness in there but I cannot detect any scent. I was expecting differently, but really, I don't mind too much. I'm a fan of unscented soaps!

{ingredients}

Ingredients include sunflower oil, coconut oil, organic sustainable palm oil, olive oil, unrefined cocoa butter, water, organic coconut milk, sweet almond oil, sodium hydroxide, castor oil, organic fair trade cocoa, organic fair trade chocolate, essential oils of bitter almond and lemon, and organic cornstarch.

{final thoughts}


I loved this little bar of Chagrin Valley soap. I might even buy a full bar next time I place an order! But there are so many Chagrin Valley soaps I have yet to try, I might just continue working my way through the sample sizes. Tempting though! I would definitely recommend giving Chagrin Valley soaps a try - I have yet to be disappointed! And yeah, expect more reviews!

3 comments:

  1. The one old Chagrin Valley soap I have it the most popular on my blog too! I don't know how they're doing it, because I never hear about them otherwise. And for as popular as it is, no one leaves comments...which suggests to me that there is some sort of bot thing happening.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is off-topic but just a heads up if you have a website called ourmeets as a source of traffic, don't check them out....sketchy website and apparently they give you a virus. Does it get anymore evil?

      Delete
    2. Hm, I never thought of that. I assumed it was because shampoo bars are one of Chagrin Valley's most popular products. There's quite a few reviews out there on them! But that would explain why there's so many views a day on that post!

      And thanks for the heads up Jean! Viruses suck!

      Delete