12.05.2013

Ripe Shop Lip Balm {review}


I almost forgot that I had planned to post a review by today! And that is why it's so late. As I am in Alaska it is still Thursday but I know it is already into Friday for most of you! But continuing on...

Since lip balm reviews are one of the easiest, let's go with one of those! I've been trying out a few new lip balms lately, which has been fun since it's been awhile since I've tried new balms. Usually I get stuck ordering different flavors from the same shops. But anyway, up for review today is a Ripe Shop lip balm!

{the balm}

This balm has a really nice texture. It glides on smoothly with just a touch of creaminess. It also has a sort of solid feel in the tube, like it won't get too melty in your pocket and you won't accidentally smush too much onto your lips. Although, I am left wishing the texture was a bit more creamy. It feels slightly greasy to me. But it's not in a terribly annoying way that would make me wipe it off my lips or stop using it. There's just a bit of greasiness to it. Makes it glossy!

{the flavor}

I ordered this in Mexican Horchata. I have only had the actual drink once and it was quite delicious. This really does remind me of it. It is like sweet creamy milk with a bit of cinnamon. It is a perfect flavor for this cold weather - it is warm and cozy but the spice level isn't too intense or overwhelming. I am usually turned off from balms with spices in them because I always find it to be a bit much. But it is done perfectly in this balm!

{ingredients}

Ingredients include avocado, coconut, jojoba & sweet almond oils, beeswax, cocoa & shea butters, and flavor.

{final thoughts}

Although I found myself wishing for a slightly different formula, the balm was still quite pleasant. And I really love the flavor of this. I have found myself reaching for this balm often. I would definitely consider ordering more balms from Ripe Shop! And that's a recommendation from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment