12.29.2013

Epically Epic Soap Co. Solid Lotions {review}



I love me some Epically Epic. Seriously, one of my favorite shops ever! I have tried every product line from Epically Epic and have loved them all! Trust me, there will be many more reviews of these products on this blog. But for today, I will review the solid lotions.

{the lotion}

Honestly, I am not the biggest fan of solid lotions. I will always try them (and so I continue to buy them!) but they are not one of my favorites. Something about the waiting for it to sink in and the greasiness and just the whole process. But now now, don't get scared here! I am still a huuuge fan of Epically Epic solid lotions!


While it does take awhile for the lotion to sink in - and that should always be expected of any solid lotion - it is not as unbearably long as other solid lotions. Depending on how much you use, it could be a minute or so. A little does go a long way but sometimes I like to slather on and massage in, which is great to do at night while relaxing on the couch. I mostly use on my hands, with a little extra focus on my cuticles, and sometimes other areas that are needing a little more loving.

As for the greasiness, it is almost nonexistent in this lotion. It is there for a second and then it is gone! After it is all settled in, it doesn't make me feel like I can't touch anything without leaving greasy fingerprints everywhere. My hands are good to go and that is fabulous because I absolutely hate having any sort of greasiness lingering on my hands!

Another great thing about this solid lotion is the long lasting wear. It really sinks in and stays put! Sometimes when I put on lotion, it wears off quickly and after any hand washing I feel like I need more. With this lotion, it lasts through at least three hand washings. Which is awesome because reapplying constantly is not something I want to be doing.

And now for the best part - the epic moisturizing abilities! It keeps my hands super soft, especially in this dry wintertime weather. It is also the best cuticle butter, keeping it all tidy and perfect around there. But seriously, I might have the softest hands ever. People are always amazed and shocked. True story.

{the scents}

The scents in Epically Epic solid lotions are always lovely and never overpowering. I have tried these in a few scents, including some custom blends.

Coconut Vanilla - My first EE purchase ever! This is a classic coconut vanilla scent, all warm and sweet and buttery tropical goodness.

Hazelnut Donuts - I received a sample of this custom blend someone else had ordered. And I used up the entire sample tin of it! I love the scent of hazelnut and combined with the sugary donut it was just pure deliciousness. Good combo to whoever came up with this one!

Lavender Marshmallow - Probably my favorite EE scent ever! For now anyway! The fresh, herbal scent of the lavender blends so well with the sweet marshmallow. Completely lovely scent! After awhile the lavender wears off, but the marshmallow lingers sweetly on the hands. Love!

Peanut Butter & Vanilla - Custom blend here! I was really into peanut butter scents at the time so I asked for a peanut butter solid lotion with just a touch of vanilla. This is deliciously nutty and creamy! I kind of want to eat it.

Pumpkin Pie Red Apple - Another custom blend! I got it into my head that pumpkin pie with red apple would smell delicious. And it does! It has the warm, spicy scent of pumpkin pie mellowed with the sweetness of the red apple. One of my friends said "This smells like a candle!" Perfect fall-time scent.

Shamrock Shake - I don't think I've had an actual shamrock shake. Who makes them? I should try. This one is a blend of peppermint and vanilla. Perfect balance of minty freshness and creamy vanilla. 

Vanilla Bean - I custom ordered this scent because I love the Vanilla Bean lip balm! (Also custom ordered this scent in the hair & body mist - fantastic!) It is a lovely vanilla scent without being too sweet. It's a classic!

Yellow Cake - I got a sample size of this one. And you know what? It really does smell like yellow cake! All the sweet, fluffy goodness. It is more delicious than I thought it would be!

{the ingredients}

The ingredients include macadamia nut butter, jojoba seed oil, pistachio butter, candelilla wax, vitamin e, olive squalane, and fragrance/essential oils.

{final thoughts}

I absolutely recommend Epically Epic solid lotions! Even if you're not a fan of solid lotions, give these a shot! They are hands down the best solid lotions I have tried and I love all of the scent options. And they are very long lasting! Actually, I have yet to use up a single tin of lotion. And I am still thinking about which one I want to try next. Ah, the life of an EE addict! But really though, any Epically Epic products are amazing!

5 comments:

  1. I like that Allison has so many custom options. I haven't ordered from EE but someday I'd like to try this and the hair mist. I have a lot of lotion so it may be a while before I order but I like the idea of switching to a solid product with less plastic and no preservatives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - the custom options are awesome! I always take advantage! :) I've never tried a solid lotion as an all over body lotion, but I'm sure it'd be intensely moisturizing! Hope you get a chance to try these sometime!

      Delete
  2. Oh boy, I just saw cold process soaps are available. Jasmine and neroli are calling my name. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I hope you are doing okay in Alaska, it has been REALLY cold here but maybe you haven't been affected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I knew she was working on cp soaps! I'm glad they are available now - I might have to order some! The Sra. Rosemary one sounds delightful! Let me know what you think if you try them! :)

      And it's going well in Alaska! Not too cold at the moment - high 30s today! We usually have mild winters being in a temperate rainforest. But I just bought a warm winter coat anyway, even though I could probably make it through the winter in my hoodie! ;) Hope you're staying nice and warm!

      Delete