1.02.2014

Queen Bee Productions Lip Balm {review}


I received two of these Queen Bee Productions lip balms for Christmas from one of my cousins. She knows me too well! The company is located in Hawaii, using local ingredients, like Maui honey and beeswax. I had never heard of Queen Bee Productions before so I am glad my awesome cousin found this shop and gave me a chance to try these lip balms!

{the balm}

The balm goes on smooth and creamy. It has a bit of a thick consistency, but just enough to give it a delightful creaminess without making it too heavy or lip suffocating. It also has that firmness so it doesn't get all melty in your pocket!

The wear is also long lasting, good for a few hours at least! When I put it on before bed, there is still a bit of balm on my lips in the morning when I wake up. I am quite enjoying this balm! There is even a bit of gloss to it.

{the flavors}

There are four flavors offered on the site. I have two of them:

Plain Jane - This one is unflavored, but you can smell the ingredients used in the balm. I smell raw honey with a hint of cocoa butter. I kind of love it. A million times better than balms with honey flavor oil! The real thing is much better!

Tangerine Dream - I'm not usually a fan of orange-y, citrus-y scents but I like this one. It smells lightly of tangerine with cocoa butter. I appreciate the light scent, otherwise I probably wouldn't like it as much.

{the ingredients}

Ingredients include sunflower oil, sweet almond oil, organic shea butter, organic cocoa butter wafers, Maui beeswax, vitamin e, and flavor.

{final thoughts}

I am so happy that I have been introduced to Queen Bee Productions. The balms are delightfully creamy and the Plain Jane might just have to be my new go-to balm when I'm needing something unflavored. Honestly, as much as I love all the fun lip balm flavors out there, sometimes my lips get overly sensitive and I need something without the flavor. I definitely recommend Queen Bee Productions for some simply flavored balms with damn near perfect consistency!

No comments:

Post a Comment