1.17.2014

Favorites Friday

I know, I was supposed to post some reviews this week. I will get a few up soon, I promise! And now that I am back home, I have more variety in the products I've been using. Still, it might be a short list of favorites this week. But yes, onto those...
  1. Mocha Marshmallow lip balm from For Goodness Grape. I'm not a fan of coffee, I never drink it. But I like the way it smells and the light coffee scent mixed with the sweetness of the marshmallow is delicious! Plus, I am really enjoying the creaminess that For Goodness Grape balms have.  
  2. Splash in the Sun soap from Elegant Rose Boutique. I recently ordered some soap samples from this shop and this is the first one I've been trying out. I'm usually not one to go for citrus-y scents. Well, they don't usually appeal when I'm thinking about them but once I get them under my nose, I always like them. Weird, I know. But anyway, the scent of this is completely delightful. It is bright and refreshing from the citrus and mint. I might have to get a full-size bar. And the lather is heavenly!
  3. Neem Tea Tree & Rosemary shampoo bar from Fresh as a Daisy Soaps. It's been awhile since I've used shampoo bars. With all the traveling, it's difficult to use them because I can't carry around apple cider vinegar for rinses afterwards. But now that I am home, it is back to testing out different shampoo bars. And I have really been enjoying this one. The light tea tree & rosemary scent is lovely and there is a surprising amount of lather, which is always nice for shampoo bars! And my hair has been clean, soft, and shiny. So much better than the roughness it had when traveling!
  4. Lavender essential oil from NOW Foods on Amazon. I am still very much in love with the scent of lavender! I have been putting this in the ACV rinses and mixing with coconut oil that I use on the ends of my hair. I probably use more than I need to, but it makes my hair smell like lavender all day! 
And let's see, what non-product favorites do I have this week...
  •  Blood of the Fold by Terry Goodkind. I am enjoying having time to read for pleasure before school starts up again next week! This is the third book in the Sword of Truth series. If you are a fan of epic fantasy series, this is an awesome one. There is even a show based off of the first two books, called Legend of the Seeker. Great show! 
  • My bed! I've been traveling so much it is always good to come home to my own bed in my own room with my millions of pillows! After sleeping on a couch for over two weeks, my bed feels completely amazing and I have been sleeping way too much lately!
That's it for my favorites this week! What have yours been? Or maybe you shouldn't tell me, because I have an ever-growing list of things I want to try! ;)

Hope you have a magical weekend!

<3 Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. When one of the soapmakers I had favorited in Etsy closed, she recommended a few soapmakers for her customers to go to and Elegant Rose was one of them, along with Rocky Top, Mirasol Farm, and DeShawn Marie. I'd like to try ERB and DM but this year I might commit to using up my stash and start exploring again next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I wish I could have that kind of will power! I have quite a stash I need to get through too. What shop was it that closed? I have yet to try Mirasol Farm soaps, but they're on my list! I think I have a few soaps favorited by DeShawn Marie too

      Delete
    2. The shop was Sacred Suds (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunshinemoonshine/6703123365/) I hadn't tried her soaps though, it looks like she is writer now, her website looks interesting. She is trying to read books by authors in every state. http://andreabadgley.com/andrea-reads-america/

      Delete
    3. That does sound like an interesting project. Thanks for the link! I am looking at her website right now. Makes me want to read more!

      Delete