1.09.2014

Fresh as a Daisy Rooibos Tea Soap {review}


I have been eying Fresh as a Daisy soaps on Etsy for quite a while, especially the Rooibos Tea unscented shaving soap. Although I have already found an awesome shaving soap (review here), I love trying new soap companies and I wanted to give this one a shot. And as a treat to myself for finishing up my busiest semester (I always look for ways to treat myself!), I ordered a gift set of 4 soaps and a solid lotion from this company.

I also found the service to be excellent. Shipping was quick and I received quite a few free samples in my order. I love it when shops send free samples! I am looking forward to trying the shampoo bar sample I received.

But for now I will review the Rooibos Tea shaving soap! (I believe this soap is currently out-of-stock but the shop is working on restocking after the busy holiday season.)

{the soap}

I first tried it as an all over body bar and it has quite a pleasant feeling. The lather isn't as dense or as fluffy as other soaps or shaving soaps, but it is silky. It also has a bit of slickness to it. It feels like it is just covering me with a layer of moisture. It almost feels like it leaves a bit of residue afterwards, but in a good way. My skin feels super smooth!

As a shaving soap, it is decent. I wish there were more lather for shaving, but it is slick enough that there are no nicks. And my legs aren't itchy afterwards which is the most important thing I look for in a shaving soap. However, I also feel like I really have to build up the layer of soap before I can shave. I will continue using this soap for shaving, but I'll also keep an eye out for new shaving soaps to try!

As for the scent, this bar is unscented. It has that light clean soap scent that leaves you with a simply clean feeling. Keep this in mind if you try this soap - I know not everyone is a fan of unscented products. For me, as long as it's already a quality product, I don't mind it being unscented.

{ingredients}

Coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil, castor oil, shea butter, OG rooibos tea, and Australian red clay.

{final thoughts}

I have been enjoying this soap from Fresh as a Daisy. The lather is pleasant and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. Although, I prefer it more as an all-over body soap than a shaving soap. And yes, I definitely give my recommendation for Fresh as a Daisy soaps! I look forward to trying and reviewing more of the soaps! And I might already have my eye on a few more in the shop. You should definitely turn your own eyes that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment