1.14.2014

Blackberry Ramblings

I have really been craving blackberries lately. When I was living in Oregon, I'd get blackberries all the time from the farmer's market when they were in season. I wish I had some of those now! I think this means I need more berries in my diet. Maybe I should try to seek out some frozen blackberries! But oh, if only I had some fresh, sweet, juicy blackberries...

Anyway, this has lead me to search out blackberry lip balms on Etsy. I go through these different phases where my "obsessions" change often. Last month it was perfumes, the last few weeks it has been soaps, and now it's back to lip balms. It always ends up going back to lip balm!

Here's a few lip balms and lip tints that I found tonight that I really want:

Blackberry lip balm from Wild Rose Herbs

Blackberry Lime lip tint from Bathing in Luxury

Blackberry Pomegranate lip balm from Lake House Soap Works

Blackberry lip tint from Orange Thyme

There's a few lip tints by Wild Rose Herbs that I really want too. I might just order some! I'll try to control myself for a bit though and not order everything off of my wishlist here. But they all look so good!

I was able to stop myself the other day from impulse buying. I was in Juneau wandering the shops downtown with a friend and found a peach lavender flavored lip balm that I wanted. But I resisted! But I am still thinking about it... sigh.

And speaking of Juneau, I am trying to move back there within the next few months! It seems that I can never stay put. For once I move somewhere, I already start planning my next move! Maybe I'll settled down for a bit there. I plan on it anyway!

But anyway, I'll stop rambling for now. Maybe I'll work on some reviews. I would have done one now but that requires more thought than I can handle right now. Hopefully I'll have one up tomorrow!

<3 Alyssa

P.S. And just to include a photo, here's one from my instagram (feel free to follow me @alyr3!) of making tracks in the new snow on the docks in Juneau the other day! Maybe it is this winter weather is making me crave blackberries!

7 comments:

  1. Here are two more you might like, more on the purple than red side. Viola and Sabina, http://www.ananda-beauty.net/collections/lip-tint-clearance

    If I mentioned this shop already I apologize, purple is my favorite color. I've only tried the Orange Thyme lip tint on your list and it was nice, more red than purple when applied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have great recommendations, Jean! Thanks! Definitely going on my list! I <3 lip tints! Haven't really tried anything too purple but I really want to!

    How was the flavor of the OT one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't recall the flavor, I would have said it was just a tint but in the listing it says essential oils but mine was from 2011 so it could have changed. The feedback I left on Etsy was that it was a nice plum color. By the way was the peach lavender lip balm you saw made by Blue Q? I haven't tried their Lip Shit line yet and that is one of their flavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was Lip Shit! I haven't tried any of their products yet - none of the flavors really intrigued me until I saw the peach lavender. Still might have to try it sometime - it seems like their flavors are always changing though!

      Btw, I just ordered some lip balms & tints from Wild Rose Herbs. They're have a sale! I always fall for the sales!

      Delete
    2. I found the OT balm last night and it does have a natural berry scent, I had forgotten. I'm not sure if the formula is different from her regular lip balms but it has a creamy smooth feel.

      Delete
  4. Ok, random comment! I just learned that the red raspberry seed oil in the Lake House balm has a natural SPF of 30 - 50! I've never had sunburned lips especially in the middle of winter, but I always thought the only natural option had to be something white like zinc. Good to know for the distant future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! Yeah, I was interested in the raspberry seed oil in the formula - good to know more about it! :)

      Delete