1.24.2014

Favorites Friday

You know, after I went through that perfume phase and bought all those perfumes, I haven't been using them too much lately. Maybe it's because in a small town I don't really go out and do anything so I never get around to feeling like I should put on perfume. I should wear it anyway even if it's just for me! Er, and to review! I've been noticing that I haven't been having any perfume favorites every week. I'll try to change that next week!

Anyway, enough rambling and onto my favorites for this week!
  1. Bifrost Coconut Peppermint lip balm (currently unavailable) by Darling Clandestine. I reviewed this (here) earlier this week and am still very much in love with it! It's sort of a neutral flavor that I can use at anytime. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for all the other flavors I have that are foodie or fruity or sometimes floral. This is one I never tire of! I seriously need to try more of her balms.
  2. Citrus Zest Beer shampoo bar by Elegant Rose Boutique. I am tentatively putting this on my favorites list. I really loved it the first few times I tried it - it left my hair feeling soft while adding some body to it. I also didn't need an ACV rinse which is awesome! But my hair also got greasy quickly and it needed to be washed more than I like doing. But there were other factors in that too, like hot water running out and maybe not rinsing as well as I should have. And I also have to test out how it works with an ACV rinse. The smell is bright and citrusy though!
  3. Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil by Nutivia on Amazon. I'm sure you've been hearing a lot about coconut oil! I just started using some myself. I put it on the ends of my hair to keep my hair healthy and hopefully avoid split ends. I am also planning on deep conditioning my hair with it. I've also recently started using it on my hands. Despite being an oil, it is surprisingly non-greasy. And it is so silky! And I love the coconut scent, it's so yummy! I've tried a little bit as a facial moisturizer and I think I'll continue testing that out for awhile. Overall, I've been loving the many uses for coconut oil!
Yeah, short list this week! What's up with that? Guess I haven't been straying too much lately. Hm, I have plans on trying a few new things this next week though! Maybe I'll have a list of newer things next week. We'll see!

But onto the other favorites of the week...
  • Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism workout video. I've been getting into working out again lately and with no gym, I've been using workout videos. This one is great! Jillian Michaels is intense and she gets me sweating! There's also a lot of jumping in the workout which I appreciate because it makes the workout more fun. I really like jumping! 
  • Plain, non-fat Greek yogurt by Fage. I love the thick, creamy texture of Greek yogurt! And it can be eaten in so many ways, I've been having some every day all week in some form. Sometimes I'll mix in raw honey with it and eat it like that. I've been mixing it with stone ground mustard for a quick, easy dip for crackers. I've used it to marinate some chicken, making the chicken juicy. It's just a great thing and I've been loving it!
I am going to have a super busy weekend. Which I should have started hours ago, but oh well! So, onto that! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :)

<3 Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment