1.19.2014

Darling Clandestine Bifrost Lip Balm {review}


Darling Clandestine is one of my newest favorite shops. Evonne's perfume are unique and beautiful. BUT, she also makes lip balms and you know me - I love me some lip balm! And while I don't usually spend this much on lip balm (a single tin is $8-$9), the tins are huge and I have faith in Evonne's products so of course I had to try!

{the balm}

The balm comes in a sliding tin. I'm not exactly sure how much balm these tins hold, but they are huge! I mean, look at that!


The one thing I don't like about this balm is it is a bit too soft. Applying with my finger, there is more balm left on my finger than I would like. But I figured out a solution to this problem so it doesn't bother me as much any more. I rub the excess on the back of my neck! I don't know why I chose that spot, but it works. And I'm sure my neck smells delightful!

The softness may just be in this batch/flavor though. I have noticed that about lip balms from other shops. Some flavors have a softer texture than other flavors in the shop. Maybe it's just that batch or maybe it's the flavor. Although, I think the softness plays a part in the other things I like in this balm. 

I really do love the texture of this balm once it is applied. It is super smooth and silky. It is also very glossy, but not in a greasy sort of way. It almost has the "wet" sort of feeling which I really like. The wear isn't super long. Actually, it wears off very quickly. BUT, my lips are left super soft that I don't even feel the need to put any more balm on for a long time afterwards. Seriously, this might be one of the best lip softening balms I have ever tried.

And just a little note, this balm is perfect for kissing a certain someone who doesn't like to get lip balm on his lips after every kiss. I still get to use my balm, it wears off quickly, and my lips are soft and kissable!

Despite the huge size of this tin, I have already used up a surprisingly large amount. I've used up almost half of it! The balm really is quite fantastic.

{the flavor}

The flavor of this balm is called Bifrost. I love that this flavor is based off of Thor's story. The Bifrost Bridge is the rainbow bridge in Asgard (does this remind anyone else of Rainbow Road in MarioKart?). I haven't seen all of the Avenger movies (I know, I know - don't disown me!) but I have seen all of the Thor movies and love them! Mmm Thor...

Anyway, the flavor is a combination of coconut and peppermint. I thought this blend was quite a brilliant idea and one that I hadn't seen before. The flavors work very well together - the coconut adds a sweet, tropical twist to the peppermint. It also warms it up a bit so it doesn't seem too icy. The peppermint is strongest at first and then the coconut comes out, ending on that sweet coconut-y note. Also, while the peppermint scent is stronger, it is not too tingly once it is applied. I always appreciate this in balms with peppermint because I don't really like the tingle. The tingle in this is mellow and barely noticeable.

My mom also really liked this flavor. She tried this balm and said: "You always have the coolest things!"

{the ingredients}

Ingredients include shea butter, cocoa butter, beeswax, sweet almond oil, coconut oil, vitamin e, and peppermint essential oil.

{final thoughts}

I definitely recommend Darling Clandestine lip balms! The balm is smooth and silky and makes my lips super soft! Sometimes I just have to feel my lips because I am amazed by how soft they are after using this balm. The flavor is delightful and I can't wait to try more! The Violet Pear lip balm is quite intriguing. But yeah, ANYTHING from Darling Clandestine earns high recommendation from me!

And Evonne is always having awesome sales! Go 'like' her page on Facebook to find out about her sales! And jump - yes, really jump! - at the chance to order!

2 comments:

  1. I've been keen to try a DC lip balm for a while, might have to add one to my order next time :)

    Blindly Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I am so tempted to order more! :)

      Delete