11.09.2013

Rocky Top Soap Shop Shavin' Soap {review}


I was browsing through some of my photos today that I keep for this blog. I really have quite the backlog of products to review. For some of them it has been too long since I took the photo, and the product has been used up, that I can no longer do an accurate review. But I found one today that I can still review! And oh it has been waiting a long while for one!

Up for review is the Shavin' Soap from Rocky Top Soap Shop.

{the soap}

First of all, I should mention that Rocky Top Soap Shop specializes in unscented soaps. There is no added scent to this soap, but it smells lightly of cocoa butter and that soft, clean soapy smell. It's quite pleasant.


As for the soaping abilities, it is some kind of amazing! Since it is a soap meant for shaving, it produces a lot of creamy lather. And I mean a lot! It is dense and silky and all around delightful. For shaving, the lather stays in place until the job is done. And the glide is beautiful - smooth as silk, but not too slick. No more nicks from shaving!

I had been searching for a shaving soap for a long time and this one made the top of the list. My problem with most shaving soaps is that afterwards my legs feel very itchy. That is not the case with this soap. My legs are left feeling smooth and moisturized and not the least bit itchy.

Now, I don't just limit the use of this soap to my legs. It is far too delightful for that! With all that creamy lather, I just to have to have that good stuff everywhere. It's really a grand ol' shower experience. Kind of like showering with a cloud. It rinses off well, whenever I decide to do such a thing (my cloud!). And I'm left with soft and clean skin.

It is also a great facial soap. It is gentle and moisturizing and leaves my face clean without drying it out. I have also discovered this is a great facial soap for winter months! And really, that's quite the feat for a soap!

I have had this same bar of soap for over a year now and have finally moved onto the last quarter of it. Admittedly, there were a few months in that year that I didn't do any shaving (ahem). That is still a long life for a bar of soap that I use regularly. Overall, amaaazing soap.

{ingredients}

Ingredients include coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil, palm oil (organic, sustainably harvested), lye, apple cider vinegar, water, cocoa butter, and bentonite clay.

{conclusion}

I would definitely recommend trying the Shavin' Soap from Rocky Top Soap Shop. Or any of their other soaps, for that matter. All of the soaps are high quality and beautifully crafted. Simple is done perfectly over there. I think that one of my favorite things about Rocky Top Soap Shop soaps is that the soap does everything you imagine a bar of soap should do. If you want a bar of soap perfection, Rocky Top Soap Shop should be your next stop! (Couldn't resist saying that!)

2 comments:

  1. Have you stumbled on the copycat company of this shop, called Right Soap? I guess when you have people copying you it is a sign that you are on to something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! I remember being very surprised by how obvious it was they were copying RTSS. But yeah you're right, RTSS has a good thing going that others want. I wouldn't trust that other shop though - it's off-putting to me that they feel it's necessary to so thoroughly copy another brand.

      Delete