11.01.2013

Epically Epic Soap Co. Hair & Body Mists {review}


I've been using these awesome hair and body mists from Epically Epic Soap Co. for quite awhile now and there needs to be a review! The photo is of the most recent set of mists I ordered. And as you may be able to tell, I've been on a bit of a lavender kick lately. Also, the photo shows mini spray bottles although the shop sells larger 2.5 oz. bottles (I think the minis are about half that). I requested these because I love the size and the convenience for traveling! But anyway, onto the reviewing!

{the mist}

I mostly use these mists in my hair and they are bloody fantastic. They leave my hair silky and shiny without making my hair look or feel greasy at all. I will use after a shower, when my hair is still damp. I will use 3-4 spritzes on my hands then comb through my hair, and only a little on my roots. Also should note, I have a lot of hair so you might not need as many spritzes.  I don't even use conditioner anymore. These mists are moisturizing enough to do the job of keeping my hair amazing!

I have also used on my hair when it's dry. When my hair was in that awkward length period, I used to wear it up a lot. Sometimes my hair would be extra frizzy in the morning after I put it up. I would wet my hands, spritz some hair mist on them, then smooth my hair down. It made my hair look smooth and shiny and kept it tame all day!

I haven't used this mist much on my body. I did a few times and it was nice enough. Had a slightly "fizzy" sensation on my skin, if that makes any sense. But I prefer it on my hair. Although I did get a few comments about smelling like vanilla cupcakes (for the vanilla coconut blend) when I used it as a body mist!

I should also mention that the scents have some good wear. They make my hair smell delightful but not overwhelmingly so. I never get headaches from the fragrances (which is a problem for me with other hair products). There's a few that are longer lasting than the others. I've found that the sweeter or fruitier the fragrance is, the longer the scent will last. 

{the scents}

Most of the scents I have tried have been custom blends (an option Allison offers with tons of fragrances to choose from). Actually, I think all but one have been custom scents. I always think it's fun to hear about what others have come up with though, so I'll share my custom blends!

Apples & Almonds (blend of green apple, almond, and marshmallow) - I love the combination of green apple and almond in this. It starts off a bit sour and candy like from the green apple scent but then the sweetness of the almond comes out with an extra bit of sweetness from the marshmallow. This makes my hair delicious and I thought it would be a great hair scent and it really is!

Apricot Frosting (blend of apricot, hint of peach, and vanilla icing) - I wanted a sort of "apricots & cream" scent and this is perfect. It's a creamy sweet scent that's not too overwhelming. It's also a bit warm and cozy. I don't know why, but scents like this feel more like fall time scents to me.

Blackberry Tea (blend of blackberry tea and hint of lemon) - This is probably my least favorite custom scent I've ordered. It smells good, but it's a bit strong for me. It's also a bit perfumey. But it does smell like a good scent to have on your hair - it's sweet and fresh. And it definitely lingers.

Hazelnut Mallow (blend of marshmallow, vanilla, and a bit of hazelnut) - I want to eat this one. It smells sweet and decadent with all of the scent notes I picked. It is warm and all around deliciousness. It's kind of a weird scent to have in my hair but I still really enjoy it.

I Love Lychee - (*This is the only stock fragrance I have) I have never tried or smelled real lychee fruit, so I don't know how this compares. But I can tell you this is a lovely scent that is bright and sweet and fruity and I fell in love with it the first time I smelled it. Great for summer days! 

Lavender Marshmallow - I love Allison's Lavender Marshmallow fragrance. So, so good! The beautiful lavender blends well with the marshmallow. They balance each other out perfectly and create a sweetly soothing scent. And lavender is one of those perfect scents for you hair. Well I think so anyway!

Lavender Peach Peppermint - I thought these would go good together because of my recent lavender kick and my love for Sarawen's Georgina perfume that has scent notes of peaches and peppermint. I am really enjoying this blend - it's bright, fresh, and fruity.

Lavender Vanilla Cinnamon (blend of lavender, vanilla bean, and hint of cinnamon) - This might be my new favorite fragrance for my hair. I picked the scents with Chagrin Valley's Lavender Spice in mind and this definitely smells just as delightful. The hint of cinnamon adds that little bit of spice that makes the whole fragrance simply intoxicating. I can't stop smelling my hair after using this one!

Mint Heaven (blend of peppermint, spearmint, bit of tea tree, bit of rosemary) - I was in a huge minty mood when I ordered this one. And it truly was mint heaven. So very refreshing and soothing. All essential oils in this one and it satisfied all my minty cravings. I have used it all up now and it was much loved!

Peaches & Cream (blend of peach, vanilla, and coconut) - I wanted a tropical peaches & cream scent and this one was great! I loved the warm sweetness of the peach and vanilla with the tropical twist of the coconut. My only complaint is sometimes coconut fragrances can smell a bit plasticky. This one had a bit of that, but it was still a great scent I enjoyed in the summer!

The Cake (blend of yellow cake, apricot, strawberry, and marshmallow) - I know, I picked a terribly unoriginal name for this one. But aside from the bad name, this is a wonderful scent! It smells like a delicious slice of cake topped with a fruity whipped cream frosting. For real, it truly does smell like cake! Yummy!

Vanilla Bean - I love vanilla and this is THE perfect vanilla for my hair. It is a true vanilla scent and it makes my hair smell dreamy all day long. One time after giving one of my guy friends a hug, he said: "Mmmmmm, you smell good! Like hardcore vanilla!". Pretty much sums up how amazing this vanilla is! :)

Vanilla Coconut (heavier on the vanilla) - This is a pretty stellar vanilla coconut scent. Again, the coconut is a bit plasticky, but just barely. What is most notable in the fragrance is the buttery vanilla. The scent is super sweet and I always got comments when I wore this one. Quite a few people were telling me that I smelled delicious!

{ingredients}

Ingredients include argan oil, cyclomethicone, jojoba, sweet almond oil, macadamia oil, essential oils, fragrance, and vitamin e.

{conclusion}

I completely and 100% recommend these hair & body mists from Epically Epic Soap Co.. Because I am completely and 100% in love with them. I use these mists after every hair washing and I don't know what I would do without them! My hair would be a sad case. That's a true story. You should check these out (and the other awesome items!) at Epically Epic Soap Co. Go crazy with it and create your own scent blend! It's guaranteed awesomeness!

3 comments:

  1. Cool, I like that there is no limit on the number of scents you can combine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I order one I would get your Mint Heaven with lavender. AHH :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does indeed sound lovely! I've been so in love with lavender lately I might have to try that too!

      Delete