10.27.2011

Ophelia's Apothecary Lip Balm {review}


The products at Ophelia's Apothecary are just hard to resist. You've heard of this shop, right? And if you haven't, go check out their shop and you'll see what I mean!  The photographs totally sell the product and I love it when a shop takes the time to make their stuff look so good! I mean, as online shoppers, we need that right?!

{the balm}

The formula for this balm is a bit on the heavy side. It's also a hard balm, but it goes on smooth with little tug. The texture is very creamy and I really enjoy that part.  However,  it's a bit thick and leaves behind a thick layer of balm. I'm not sure that I'm a big fan of how heavy this balm is. I do usually enjoy thick balms, but I feel that this one may offer a bit too much "protection" for my liking. I would prefer if the balm sunk in a bit more and be a bit more breathable instead of just sitting on my lips. It might make a good outdoor balm for blustery windy days though.

{flavor + ingredients}

I currently have one flavor (I did have more, but I gave them away). The flavor I have is Peach Belini,  which has a soft and sweet scent of peaches. It is a very light scent, which I appreciate - peach scents can sometimes be overwhelming.

Ingredients include shea butter, candelilla wax, olive oil, and flavor oils.

{conclusion}

Would I purchase these balms again? Yes, for gifts. I have given a few of these away already and everyone seems to like them. They may not be totally for me, but they will make great stocking stuffers! And hey, they may be for you too, so go check out Ophelia's Apothecary!

1 comment:

  1. I want to get their monthly subscription box, but I just canceled my Birchbox to save on $$, so if I sign up for this one it would be defeating the purpose, lol.

    www.ameliorerlavie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete