1.26.2011

Epically Epic Soap Co. Lip Balm {review}


Who hasn't heard of Epically Epic Soap Co., right? We all know that Allison, the owner, makes amazing products! And the lip balms are just all around phenomalness in a tube. Ohhh yes.

And if you don't know, then continue reading my friend...

{the balm}

Epically Epic lip balms have the perfect consistency. They are soft and oh so creamy. Seriously, such a lovely creaminess they possess. Sometimes I layer it on THICK and just rub my lips together. Is that weird?

However, the balm is not too thick, although it is at the low end of the thickness scale. If you can image so. They glide on smoothly and leave a gentle gloss on your lips. I also find the non-vegan balms with honey to have a bit more smoothness to them.

As for the wear, it's pretty stellar. I can go for hours and hours without needing to apply more balm. Although, I usually don't wait that long. The applying part is just too much fun!

{flavors + ingredients}

This is not a full list of the balm flavors I have. Be on the look out for update posts!
  • Marshmallow: This smells just like marshmallow fluff! It's a very creamy scent, if ya know what I mean! Also, it's not too sweet smelling, which I really enjoy.    
  • Mimosa: I don't know what a mimosa smells like, but to me, this balm smells like a light, sweet orange juice. Orange flavored/scented lip balms have never appealed to me, so this is perfect for me! It's more sweet than tangy. Also, it has a slightly sweet flavor. Mmmm! 
  • Pistachio: In the scent description, it says this is supposed to smell like pistachio ice cream. I have no idea what pistachio ice cream smells like. I expected this to smell more nutty than it does, but I can only detect a hint of nuttiness when it's on my lips. However, it still smells really awesome! Kind of sweet and fruity. It's actually one of my favorites! :) 
  •  Pumpkin Pie: You know, I actually don't like pumpkin pie. But surprisingly, I DO like pumpkin pie scented things! Weird? Well, this balm smells like a sweeter version of pumpkin pie.
Ingredients include pistachio butter, castor oil, vitamin e, sweet almond oil, and honey in the non-vegan balms.

{conclusion}

Epically Epic Soap Co. balms are amongst the best. And quite possibly my favorite lip balms ever. If Allison ever stops selling these balms, I just might cry. If you like luxuriously creamy balms, it doesn't get much better than this. And if you haven't tried them yet, you are truly missing out, so go check out Epically Epic Soap Co. right now!

Also check out my review of Epically Epic Lip Tints!

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa, I am honored to be your first review on Balm Addict!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete