1.29.2011

Bohemian Beetnik Honey Bee Balm {review}



I discovered this product when I went through my "I love honey!" phase (until I realized I actually don't). I had purchased from Bohemian Beetnik previously, so I had some high hopes for this balm.

WHERE TO FIND: 
The Raw Honey Butter Lip Balm can be found in the shop called Bohemian Beetnik. Apart from this balm, the seller has a variety of products in her shop, including lip & cheek stains, lip plumpers, and a honey lip gloss.

PRICE: 
The price of this balm is $4.99 for a .25oz glass jar of balm. (I lucked out and bought it on sale!)

SHIPPING & PACKAGING: 
Shipping was $2. Not too bad for it is a bit heavy (glass jar and all), and it was packaged very well. 


APPEARANCE:
This balm comes in a .25oz glass jar with a white plastic lid. It's a cute little jar! There's a round sticker on the bottom with all of the info for the balm (name, shop, ingredients).

INGREDIENTS: 
This balm has only TWO ingredients! Raw honey and organic palm shortening.

TEXTURE & GLIDE: 
Since this is in a mini jar, you have to apply this with your finger. Mine always seems kind of hard on the top whenever I use it. Maybe because it gets cold? The texture is kind of grainy, but that wasn't unexpected (you can see the texture in the photo). It goes on fine, but then it feels a bit sticky and well, kind of liquid-y. Perhaps I tend to put too much, but it always feels way too glossy on my lips.

MOISTURIZING ABILITIES: 
I'm not sure how well this moisturizes. Supposedly honey is supposed to have some healing powers, but I am never able to leave the balm on long enough to see how well it moisturizes.

WEAR: 
I find the feel of the balm too uncomfortable on my lips, so I tend to take it off in about 10 minutes. So I'm sorry, but I don't know how long this would last, but I'd assume that it wouldn't be too long anyway. It's too liquid-y (to use that word again...) to stay on the lips for an extended period of time. 

SCENT & FLAVOR: 
Well, it smells like honey. And it tastes like honey. On the plus side, when you're done applying the balm, you can just lick your finger to get the rest of the balm and you're basically just eating honey. Ha! Don't judge me...

BUY AGAIN?
No, I would not buy this balm again. I just don't like the texture and I realized I don't like honey that much. However, I would probably purchase other items from this shop! Previously, I bought an organic Vaseline substitute called NOT Petroleum Jelly from Bohemian Beetnik. It's a fantastic, versatile product that I sometimes use on my lips at night for extra moisturization. And it lasts ALL night! So Bohemian Beetnik does make some good products, but the Raw Honey Butter Lip Balm is not for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! This is Brenda from Bohemian Beetnik! I just wanted to say I truly appreciate your candid reviews of my products. I love the feedback (both good and bad). It helps me strive to make my products even better. Thank you, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete