2.03.2011

Epically Epic Soap Co. Lip Tints {review}


This is one of my most popular posts on this blog. And because of that, I am editing this post on 2/9/2014 to follow the current review format and the new lip tint review standards (more pics!).

If any shop deserves multiple reviews, it is Epically Epic Soap Co.! I am completely in love with this shop! One of the best on Etsy! (Also read my review of Epically Epic lip balms here.)

Allison Hill (who is EPIC!) runs Epically Epic Soap Co. out of her home in New Mexico. Besides lip tints, she sells lip balms, soaps, solid lotions, perfumes, and hair & body sprays. I've never been disappointed with any of her products! Hurry and check out Epically Epic Soap Co.!!!

{the tints}

These tints feel soooo good! They have a very smooth application and glide on beautifully! There's a lot of shine and moisture without feeling greasy. The formula used is of the perfect consistency; it feels very creamy. And I actually think that these feel smoother than the balms! The extra shine, perhaps? :)

Just like the balms, these tints also keep my lips super moisturized! I always have soft lips with Epically Epic products! And this stuff lasts FOREVER! It keeps my lips moisturized for hours! I let my cousin use one of mine once and she was so amazed! The next day she was telling me that she could still feel the balm on her lips at the end of the day (and then she had to buy her own)! They are seriously very long lasting! However, I still apply them often just because I like 'em! ;) 

{the colors}

One thing I love about EE lip tints is that all of the colors come with delicious flavors to go along with the delicious colors. Following are photos taken of how the lip tints look on me. All of the photos were taken in natural, afternoon lighting. Sorry if some of the photos are a bit blurry - it's a bit difficult taking close-ups of your own lips! 


Here is the before shot with no lip tints. Okay, now that you have seen that, quickly look away and go onto the other photos with all the pretty lip tints! 


Bullfrog - This is a peachy pink color in the tube, but on my lips it is a light pink color with a nice bit of shimmer. The shimmer makes it seem lighter and brighter. The tint is peach and cherry scented, and it smells wonderful! All fruity sweet and delicious. My sister-in-law had to have one of these ones for herself!


Guava Pie - This one is probably the brightest EE lip tint I have tried. It is a bright pink on my lips with some good shimmer. It almost reminds me of bubblegum pink. Without natural lighting, it looks even brighter. Fun color for a night out! I can't speak too much about the scent as it is very, very light.


Pink Frosting - Can you just see all that shimmer?! This tint is a very girly one - all pretty pink with tons of shimmer. It is definitely a playful one, but still very wearable. I love that the pink isn't too bright but still has a nice pop to it. The scent is a sweet buttery frosting with a hint of strawberry - quite delicious without being too sweet!


Red Velvet - This tint adds a nice wash of red to the lips. It's not too dark, despite how it looks in the tube. It's a natural looking color, like bitten lips. The scent is red velvet cake and it is delicious and decadent but not overwhelmingly so.


Strawberry Rhubarb - This is very much a "your lips but better" color. It makes my lips look pinker and brighter and more alive, but in a natural-looking way. With a good hint of gloss. Very pretty. The scent is strawberry rhubarb, in which I mostly detect the strawberry. It is a nice, sweet scent that is almost a bit candy-like.

{the ingredients}

Ingredients include pistachio butter, sweet almond oil, jojoba seed oil, castor oil, vitamin E, candelilla wax, flavor, natural sweetener, and mineral colorant.

The Strawberry Rhubarb has a different formula. The ingredients include olive butter, olive oil, cadellila wax, castor oil, olive squalane, vitamin e, flavor, natural sweetener, and color.

{final thoughts}

I will definitely buy again from Epically Epic Soap Co.! I wasn't sure if I'd really like lip tints, but I'm so glad I tried 'em! And I will continue to do so when I spot colors I like! Allison's lip products are the best and I recommend them to everyone and anyone! It's a must have because it's EPICALLY EPIC!

3 comments:

  1. Nice review! Those are actually the two lip tints I've been wanting. :)

    I have bought tons of Epic items as gifts and so far only a little lip balm for myself. I definitely see lip tints in my future, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thank you for the review. I just ordered a bunch of new flavors and colors and can't wait to work on more tints. Flavor/color suggestions are always welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... I think rhubarb would be an awesome tint AND flavor! I can't seem to find that flavor anywhere...

    ReplyDelete