3.17.2013

Victoria Naturals Lip Balm & Tint {review}


You know, I've been into lip tints quite a bit lately. With this new obsession, of course I've been scouring Etsy for lovely lip tints. And as luck would have it, the owner from Victoria Naturals offered to send me a lip balm and lip tint to review. I had stumbled upon the shop a few times myself, so of course I had to say yes!

{the balm}

This is one of those balms that just feels great to apply. It feels solid and comforting as you're putting it on. In the tube, the texture is slightly grainy but I like that - it's soothing. On the lips, the texture is smooth and creamy. The balm has that "just right" feeling. It's not too slick or greasy and it doesn't feel like it'll be gone in less than half an hour. The balm offers good protection and lasts for about two hours and leaves behind soft lips!

The flavor I was sent is Spearmint. I love minty scents so this is great - offers that sweet minty scent of spearmint. It doesn't have the harsh tingle that peppermint can sometimes have. In my opinion, spearmint is the best flavor for a minty balm!

The ingredients include beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, vitamin e, and essential oil.

{the tint}


I was sent the Bubblegum Pink lip tint. The tint is a very pretty color. It is a nice light pink with some shimmer. On my lips, it adds a hint of color with a good amount of gloss. It is a very natural and flattering color. And like the balm, the lip tint has that delightful smooth and creamy texture with long lasting wear.

Here's a few photos (taken in natural lighting) to show how the lip tint looks on me:

Before, without lip tint
After, with Bubblegum Pink lip tint

The flavor for this is interesting. I can't quite put my finger on what it is. It does smell a bit like bubblegum, but nothing overly sweet. And I can almost detect something slightly minty. I don't know how to accurately describe it, but it is very pleasant!

The ingredients include beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, vitamin e, and FDA approved mica.

{conclusion}

I am quite happy with these lip products from Victoria Naturals. The balm and tint both have wonderful consistency that make my lips feel great. I also love that there are no artificial flavorings which can sometimes irritate my lips. And the lip tint makes a great addition to my collection for when I want a lovely hint of color on my lips! I definitely recommend Victoria Naturals lip products!

2 comments:

  1. I'm always on the lookout for natural pink shades like that, I'll check them out!

    I recently found a new tint/balm maker called Ananda Balms, their balms are more than I normally spend but the formula is my favorite across both tints and balms in my collection. In case the colors look too dramatic, they are sheer and natural looking despite the color of the tube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jean! Thanks for the suggestion - I'll have to check them out! I've been trying out tints from a few different shops and I think I'm going to have to get on the ball here and start posting more reviews! :)

      Delete