2.05.2013

Alchemic Muse Foaming Body Scrubs {review}



It is a shame that I am just *now* reviewing an Alchemic Muse product on this blog. I have had a love affair going on with this shop for well over a year now. I know, I know… bad me. My excuse (because I always have an excuse) is that I am so in love with Alchemic Muse products, I have a hard time taking photos of them before I want to hop in the shower with them. Sorry it's taken me so long to calm down a bit!

(And even more of a shame that I wrote most of this review, including the above paragraph, months ago… *hangs head*)

Shall we continue? Up for review here are the foaming body scrubs. Please note, you might have to wait patiently for reviews on other products from this wonderful shop...

{the scrub}

This happens to be one of all-time favorite Alchemic Muse products. I love me a good body scrub and the foaming body scrubs deliver.  I hate the scrubs that are so dry they crumble away before you get it to your body. Or the kind that is to hard it forms into a ball when you try to rub it on your skin and rolls away before you get to scrub anything. 


This scrub is nothing like those. It has the perfect consistency that is soft enough to scoop out and apply but still offers a good and gentle scrub. As it is a foaming body scrub, there is some bubbles that offer a gentle and soothing lathering. And after all is scrubbed and lathered, it rinses off easily and doesn't make the tub messy or slippery.

After I get out of the shower, my skin is wonderfully soft and moisturized. And fragrant! The beautiful fragrances lightly linger for hours and make me feel happy and clean. Yes, the foaming body scrubs offer quite the experience.

{scents + ingredients}

Alchemic Muse offers seasonal fragrances. The ones pictured are from the summer line, and are my favorites from the summer line. The Caribbean Coconut and Waikiki are sweet and tropical and perfect summer scents.

Other scents I've enjoyed from Alchemic Muse have been Pumpkin Honey, Cocoa Bee, and Silhouette. Pumpkin Honey from the fall line is the perfect pumpkin scent! It has that spicy pumpkin pie scent with the sweetness from the honey so it's not overwhelmingly spicy. Cocoa Bee from the Valentines line (available now!) is sweet and spicy and simply intoxicating. Silhouette which was a limited edition vanilla release (which hopefully comes around again!) is the perfect vanilla scent! It's a sexy and sophisticated and airy vanilla which I can't get enough of!

I know, these are poor scent descriptions. I find Alchemic Muse fragrances to be a bit complex, more sophisticated than what I can accurately describe! But they're all amazing and there's always something for everyone!

Ingredients in the foaming scrubs include... Organic Cane Sugar, Distilled Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Sorbitol, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Chloride (Salt), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Oil, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Oil, Prunus Avium (Cherry) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, and Tetrasodium EDTA.

{conclusion}

I simply love Alchemic Muse products. And although I've been moving away a bit from products scented with fragrance oils, I don't think I'll ever stop purchasing from Alchemic Muse. Everything is phenomenal, especially the perfectly exfoliating body scrubs. The scents are beautiful and unique and hard to resist even for someone who's been leaning more towards unscented/essential oil products! If you haven't given Alchemic Muse a try, you should probably do so. Try the scrubs! Or anything, really! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of scrubs, but I checked out their etsy shop and I basically want all their body lotions, especially their Valentine's scents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their lotions are really great! Rich and creamy goodness :)

    ReplyDelete