5.06.2012

Cellar Door Soap Co. Soaps {review}


I discovered the Cellar Door Soap Co. after reading about it on Soap Obsessions. And I just couldn't resist all the wonderful minty soap options they offered. Because if you don't know this already, I love me some minty soap. And the soaps from Cellar Door Soap Co. have been known to take me to far off heavenly minty places...

{the soap}

But let's start off with talking about the soapy bits first. I love the description on the Cellar Door Soap Co. gives about their soap:

We make soap. Damn good soap.

And let me tell you, they definitely make some pretty damn good soap. The bar lathers up beautifully in the shower with  soft and gentle lather. It has that sort of creamy goodness that makes you want to lather up forever. I feel rather comfortable in the shower with Cellar Door Soap Co. bars. I love it when soap does that.

And with all that lovely, creamy lather, the soaps leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized. I also use these soaps a lot to wash my face and I feel little need to use any moisturizer afterwards. I've also used a few times to wash my hair and it was better than a lot of shampoo bars I've tried!

The soap is just pretty damn amazing.

{scents + ingredients}

I just had to order these bars of minty goodness...


Eucalyptus Spearmint - I'm reminded of spearmint gum at first, but once the water hits the bar the eucalyptus emerges and it's almost a bit medicinal, but soothing.


Peppermint & Tea Tree - I can smell the tree. I'm reminded of the dampness of the forest and I feel like I'm standing with my nose right up to a tree after the rain. This one is particularly fantastic on the face as well - it leaves my face super smooth!


Rosemary Mint - It is the mints of all mints. It is minty goodness at its best. It comes alive in the shower with an explosion of minty aromas that is so blissfully refreshing.

Ingredients include olive oil, coconut oil, distilled water, sustainable palm oil, sodium hydroxide, castor oil, shea butter, essential oil, sugar, titanium dioxide, bamboo charcoal (Peppermint & Tea Tree) and spearmint leaves (Rosemary Mint).

{conclusion}

I will tell you how much I love these Cellar Door Soap Co. soaps. When they are gone, I am going to repurchase them. All of them. I have never repurchased any specific bar of soap from anywhere. But I can't imagine being without these soaps. That is love. And I think you should go find yourself some Cellar Door Soap Co. love.

4 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you love Cellar Door soap :)
    i plan on trying the rosemary mint next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the Peppermint Mocha next :)

      Delete
    2. Eyeing Lime Basil.

      Another shop with *really* strong scented soap is Mirasol Farm. Deb introduced me to them!

      Delete
    3. I've always wanted to try their soaps! I have a few of their lip balms but haven't taken the dive into their soaps yet... maybe I'll have to move Mirasol Farm farther up my list ;)

      Delete