1.30.2011

Penn Soap Co. Lip Conditioners {review}


*UPDATE* This shop is now called Penn Soap Co.. I have changed the title of this post for those looking for reviews for the shop under it's new name. The previous name of the shop (through which I purchased) was Mountain Mama Chic.

I was super excited to find these lip balms! They looked simple, but good. And there were lots of choices for flavors! This has truly been a GREAT discovery!

WHERE TO FIND: 
These lip conditioners can be found in the shop called Mountain Mama Chic. Aside from lip balms, the seller has a variety of other bath & beauty products. The seller actually sent me a soap sample from her shop. It had a very manly scent and my brother really likes it.

PRICE: 
So here's the awesome part! For one tube of balm, it's $3. About normal. BUT. If you buy more, the more you can save! If you buy a 2 lip balm set, it's $5, saving you $1. And if you buy a set of 4 balms, it's $9! That's like buying 3, and getting one for free! Or, you can think of it as each balm being $2.25 each. Isn't that a great deal?!

SHIPPING & PACKAGING: 
Shipping was reasonable at $1.99, but also a bit slow. My package wasn't shipped out until 5 days after I ordered it. But once it was, I received it within a few days. The slow shipping didn't bother me too much though. Living in Alaska, one has to expect slow shipping for everything! Oh, and everything was packed in a bubble mailer. Safe arrival!


APPEARANCE:
These balms come in standard .15oz white tubes. The color of the labels correspond to the flavor of the balm. On one side of the label, the flavor is listed in big font. On the other side is the shop logo for Mountain Mama Chic. And inbetween, on its own little sticker, the ingredients are listed. I'm not sure if the label is waterproof. It might be -- I can't tell! 

INGREDIENTS: 
Coconut oil, beeswax, organic shea butter, organic cocoa butter, vitamin E, and flavor oil. One of the balms I got (Cran Grape) had different ingredients listed: sesame oil, beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower oil, mango butter, vitamin E, and flavor oil.

TEXTURE & GLIDE: 
O-M-G! These balms are amaaazing! They glide on oh so smooth. And they feel like liquid silk on my lips. Seriously. I can't think of another way to describe them other than being so silky that it must be liquid silk. And then the liquid silk sinks into my lips and then my lips feel like silk. It's not something everyone would enjoy I'm thinking, but I LOVE IT!

MOISTURIZING ABILITIES: 
This balm just keeps on amazing me. My lips feel sooo soft! Seriously, after the balm sinks in, I just keep on touching my lips because they feel so soft and silky. They condition!

WEAR: 
The balm isn't the longest lasting ever. It lasts for about an hour, I'd say. But, like I said before, it sinks into your lips and leaves them soft and silk. I don't really need to reapply after it's gone, but I do anyway because it just feels heavenly!

SCENT & FLAVOR: 
I bought the four pack of balms from Mountain Mama Chic (of course!):
  • Aloha Mango: Smells just like a juicy mango! It's fruity and delicious!
  • Cran Grape: To me, this one smells like Welch's grape juice. I'm not very into grape lip balm flavors, but I really enjoy this one. It's not a too sweet medicine like grape scent. 
  • Vanilla Bean: I'm still on the hunt for the perfect vanilla bean scent! This is a really nice one. Nice, sweet vanilla.
  • White Chocolate Truffle: This scent might be my favorite of the ones I got! It's a light, sweet chocolate scent with a hint of coconut (at least it smells a bit coconut-y to me). It reminds me of an Almond Joy candy bar -- which is one of my favorites!


BUY AGAIN? 
Ohhh yeahhh! I would definitely buy balms from Mountain Mama Chic again! They are just amazing and there's so many good flavors! AND, they have awesome prices! TOTALLY WORTH IT! I really wanna buy some more flavors, like Fudgecycle, Lemon Squeeze, Tuscan Biscotti... I need more!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love mango! I'll have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love lip balms too..yes - quite an addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with these balms! I highly recommend them! The mango is divine -- I'm a bit in love with mango scents myself!

    ReplyDelete