3.20.2011

Anderson Soap Company Lip Balm {review}


I first heard about this balm in a forum. And then it was also suggested to me. Also, I have heard talk about the Anderson Soap Company. So, how could I pass this balm up?


WHERE TO FIND:
Found this one at the Anderson Soap Company.


PRICE:
Price is about standard at $3 per balm. No package deals are offered.

SHIPPING & PACKAGING:
Shipping isn't too bad, at $.75 per balm. I got in during a sale and pretty much got free shipping. An extra 75 cents -- SCORE! And it was sent out the day after I ordered it!


APPEARANCE:
Personally, I think this balm looks better in photo than in person. Not saying it looks bad, but it does look a bit cheaper than it does in the photo. Anyway, this balm comes in a standard .15oz tube, which is semi-clear. The labels have alternating strips of black & white floral pattern and solid color. From the shop, it seems that the solid colors are usually associated with the flavor of the balm. However, mine is purple and I don't really see the connection with chocolate cheesecake. But it still looks cool -- I do love purple! Also on the label are the ingredients, company name, and flavor (of course!). Overall, the label is nice. Good graphics anyway, but kind of cheap label.

INGREDIENTS:
Beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter, sweet almond oil, vitamin e, and flavor oil.

TEXTURE & GLIDE:
This balm is super creamy. When I first got the balm, it was so soft, it was always coming off in the cap. It was a bit annoying, but it doesn't seem to do that anymore. Anyway, I just took it as a sign of its creaminess. It glides on smooth and leaves a really pleasant feeling of a layer of creamy goodness on the lips. Sometimes it takes a few rounds to get enough on, but that's alright because then you get more fun of applying. Also, I should mention that sometimes the glide is affected by temperatures. I kept this in my  outer-coat pocket (yes, I dress in layers - Alaskan winter!) for awhile and it'd get kind of hard being in that semi-cold place. It wasn't so hard that I couldn't apply, but it did make it a bit rough at first.


MOISTURIZING ABILITIES:
This balm has about average moisturizing abilities. It's nothing super spectacular, but it does leave my lips feeling just a bit softer than before. Not enough so that I wouldn't need to reapply, however.

WEAR:
Again, about average. I'd say it lasts about 2 hours. It is a kind of thick balm, so it usually holds up pretty well through eating and drinking.

SCENT & FLAVOR:
I got this balm in the Chocolate Cheesecake scent. To be honest, it's not one of my favorites. It smells chocolatey, for sure. But it also smells cakey. I don't really get the cheesecake scent, but I do get the cake scent. It's kind of like boxed chocolate cake mix, the kind of cake that tastes better than it smells. But hey, you might like it. For me, it's a 'meh' scent. Another thing to mention, the balm doesn't have a flavor, just a scent.

BUY AGAIN?
As average as the balm is, I would buy again from Anderson Soap Company. One of it's redeeming features for me is that I have no allergic reaction to it at all! It is also super creamy and feels nice on the lips. And, at $3.75 per balm with shipping is a pretty good deal! I've considered purchasing more on several occasions. But I'm determined to finish this one off before I buy more. And, I should spend my money on new balms to review, eh? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment